April 17, 2023
A Delicious Turn: SundaeSwap's UI Overhaul and the Tasty Path Forward
Sundae Labs Team
Today, the new “V2” user interface for the SundaeSwap DEX is available at https://v2.sundaeswap.finance.
To ensure a smooth transition, the old UI will still be available and functional for a period of time, and you can opt-in to using the new UI by visiting the URL above. After a period of testing and improvement, we’ll make v2 the default, and provide a dedicated URL to access the old UI, before finally sunsetting the old UI permanently.
This release marks a significant milestone in our development and growth as a company, so we thought it would be a good opportunity to do some public reflection on our journey so far, and what our next steps are.
In this blog post, we'll discuss the factors that contributed to the extended timeline of our UI release, the key features of the new UI, and the exciting developments we have planned for the coming year.
Introducing the new UI
The new SundaeSwap UI is packed with features that we believe will greatly enhance the user experience and strengthen the Cardano ecosystem. We’ve done a number of demo’s in our monthly Sundae Scoop videos, as well as a full walkthrough on Kyle’s “Space Place” youtube show. For those of you who prefer written content, here’s a brief walkthrough of some key features:
- Portfolio front-and-center: We now put your portfolio front-and-center, so you can see which tokens you have, what liquidity you’re providing, and how it’s all performing.
- Earned Fees: As part of the portfolio page, we’re now tracking how much your provided liquidity has earned in fees.
- Limit Orders: Place limit orders that execute when a certain price is hit
- Client Side Transactions: Transactions are built in the browser, powered by Lucid, leading to faster swaps, better UTXO management, and more decentralization.
- Open source SDK: We’re open sourcing Sundae-SDK, a typescript library for building SundaeSwap transactions; this should allow richer integrations within the Cardano ecosystem.
- UI Toolkit: We’ve built our own UI toolkit, allowing us to iterate and build new products faster.
There’s more to discover, and more to come. Let’s take a look at a few upcoming features next!
With the release of our new UI and the foundation it provides, we're excited to share some of the ideas we have in the pipeline. This list isn’t comprehensive, and the priority of these ideas are subject to change based on community feedback, so let us know if any of these excite you!
- "Zaps": This feature will allow you to provide liquidity to a pair with just one asset
- Updating orders: Allow you to update limit orders, instead of cancelling and re-listing
- Orderbook UI: Show the list of open orders against a pair, as well as where your orders stack up
- Advanced charting: Integrate an advanced charting toolkit, with candles, support lines, etc.
We're committed to engaging with our community and delivering value consistently. With the launch of Version 2 of our UI, we believe we’re positioned to iterate faster, and release new features more regularly.
Thank you for your continued support and patience. We're excited to embark on this new chapter of SundaeSwap together with you.